Clinton Investigation Back On: FBI Agents In NY Ordered To Continue Foundation Probe
After the election, many speculated that the probe of the Clinton Foundation would be laid to rest. But now, according to an exclusive report from the Daily Caller, senior officials at FBI headquarters in Washington DC have apparently instructed agents in the New York field office to continue their investigation of the Clinton Foundation. According to the source, the instructions were passed on to the NYC field office last week and involves operations in at least five cities, including: New York, Little Rock, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and Miami.
Officials at FBI headquarters instructed its New York field office to continue its corruption investigation into the Clinton Foundation following the election of Republican candidate Donald Trump, according to a former senior law enforcement official.
The instructions ordered agents to “go forward” with their ongoing inquiry into the Clinton Foundation which is focusing on issues of corruption and money laundering, according to the source.
“There were no instructions to shut it down, to discontinue or to stand down on the investigation, but to continue its work,” the former official told the Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview.
He said he received this information about a week ago and that the order originated from the bureau’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. well after the Nov. 8 election. He did not know who at FBI Headquarters issued the order.
The same source broke the news to TheDCNF that the FBI was conducting a multi-city probe of the foundation in as many as five cities: New York, Little Rock, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and Miami. The source did not know the status of the bureau’s work in the four other cities.
Of course, many had assumed the investigations into Hillary’s email scandal and the Clinton Foundation were officially off after Trump announced that he wouldn’t pursue the investigation, saying “I don’t wanna hurt them. They’re good people” (see “Trump Won’t Pursue Charges Against Hillary: ‘She’s Been Through Enough’“).
After the election, President-elect Donald Trump indicated that prosecuting rival Hillary Clinton or her foundation would not be a priority.
In an interview with the New York Times on November 21, he said, “I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t.”
But he didn’t rule out a continuing probe of the foundation, saying, “we’ll have people that do things,” on the foundation, which the Times wrote was, “perhaps a reference to the FBI or Republicans who might continue to press for prosecutions in the email or foundation cases.”
Perhaps Putin has already officially taken control of the FBI. Please, no one tell Keith Olbermann, he won’t be able to handle this development right now.