Virtual Reality (VR) Created for Physical Therapy Even Though Use Is Harmful to Eyes, etc. Plus More Tech = More E-Waste.
By B.N. Frank
Florida college students are creating Virtual Reality (VR) programs to make physical therapy (PT) more fun:
Student Jonathan Truong is part of the team of UT students developing PT VR. As a child, he contracted meningitis and, as a complication of the disease, suffered a stroke.
Since then, he’s gone through eight rounds of physical therapy. His history of pain and rehab is the driving force behind his desire to improve the field.
“It’s aggravating,” Truong said. “Physical therapy is boring. It’s very repetitive for me.”
Everyone who has done PT without using VR knows that it can be boring unless, of course, you’re fortunate enough to have a very attractive physical therapist working with you. Unfortunately, research has also already proven that VR use causes balance issues, behavioral changes, cognitive problems in children, eye problems (soreness, vision changes), headaches, and more. Most would agree that none of these side effects from VR use are fun either. Activist Post has already published articles about this:
- Company Creates Virtual Reality Products for Special Ed Students Even Though Research Already Confirmed Children (and Adults) Can Be Harmed By It.
- Wellness Programs for Seniors to Include Virtual Reality When VR Side Effects Include Balance Issues, Behavioral Changes, Headaches and Sore Eyes.
- Virtual Reality’s Literal Side Effects Headaches, Sore Eyes, Behavioral Changes in Adults; Eyesight, Balance Problems, Unknown Long-Term Consequences in Kids
VR for physical therapy is already being used. All things considered, is it really worth it so that patients don’t have to be bored?
For more information, visit the following websites:
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- Clear Light Ventures
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- In Power Movement
- Last Tree Laws
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- We Are The Evidence
- Wireless Information Network
The article, "Virtual Reality (VR) Created for Physical Therapy Even Though Use Is Harmful to Eyes, etc. Plus More Tech = More E-Waste.", was syndicated from and first appeared at: https://www.activistpost.com/2018/12/virtual-reality-vr-created-for-physical-therapy-even-though-use-is-harmful-to-eyes-etc-plus-more-tech-more-e-waste.html.
You may find more great articles by Activist Post on http://www.activistpost.com/.