Posted by on April 12, 2018 2:00 pm
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Categories: Bashar al-Assad chemical attack donald trump Douma Emergency Preparedness false flag Headline News ISIS rebels Russia Sarah Huckabee Sanders Syria thank you threats tweets Twitter UN United Nations untied States US News War white helmets white house World News ww3

President Donald Trump seemed so sure of himself yesterday when tweeting that Russia should “get ready” for a strike against Syria. He appears to now be backpedaling some, and it’s a small sign that just maybe we won’t go to war over what’s shaping up to be a false flag attack.

He did post a tweet this morning, in typical confrontational fashion, saying he “never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all! In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS.  Where is our “Thank you America?”

Trump may have missed his window for getting any “thank yous” as he almost singlehandedly stoked the fears of a third world war with his threatening tweet yesterday. The United States is said to still be considering a military response over a reported chemical weapons attack on the rebel enclave of Douma on April 7.

Syrian President Bashar Assad has been accused of being behind the purported incident, but the US said it also holds Russia responsible for failing to prevent Assad from conducting the alleged attack. White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday Trump “holds Syria and Russia responsible for this chemical weapons attack,” and said, “all options are on the table.”

According to RT, earlier this week, Russia’s permanent representative to the UN, Vassily Nebenzia, correctly pointed out that the alleged incident was beneficial only to the militants. Russian military specialists have already visited the site and said they found no signs of a chemical attack or any victims. The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, the UN’s chemical weapons watchdog, said back in June 2014 that all stockpiles of such material had been removed from the country.

Russia responded to Trump’s threat by calling on common sense to prevail. “We do not participate in Twitter diplomacy,” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said. “We support serious approaches. We continue to believe that it is important not to take steps that could harm an already-fragile situation.

But the beating of war drums continues, although this may be a sign that the US is willing to back off some.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *