Not Healthy for Man’s Best Friend: Dog Collars and Leashes with LED Lights
By B.N. Frank
Pet People recently sent out emails to subscribers promoting LED Gear: NiteIze brand Nightowl LED Safety necklaces and “Niteyleashes.” Their intentions are good – these products are not.
Stay Safe & Visible with Light Up Wear
As daylight hours shorten and the nights cool down, it’s important to stay visible when going outside. A great place to start is with a light up leash or necklace in bright LED!
Activist Post has already covered this topic many times.
- Reader’s Digest on How Cell Phones, CFL and LED Light Bulbs, and Other Devices Can Age Your Skin Faster
- Smart Rope for Fitness Enthusiasts Equipped with Unhealthy Side-Effects-Causing LED Lights and More.
- Blinded by the Artificial Light. How New Technology Is Pooping Out Peepers, Causing a Variety of Health Issues, and Wrecking The Environment.
- I like Energy Efficiency but I Don’t Want it to Give Me Cancer, Insomnia, Mental Illness, Obesity, or Hurt the Environment. CFL and LED Light Bulbs, Not So Eco-Friendly After All.
Sources of blue light – like screens – are also harmful so it’s best to keep them a safe distance from your pets:
- Blinded by The Artificial Light Part Deux: New Research Determines Blue Light from Screens Can Lead to Macular Degeneration and Blindness
- Do You Love Your Kitty Enough to Trade Your Smart Phone for a Flip Phone? New Study on Big Cats Explains Why You Should
- Your Pets May Be Affected by WiFi and Electronic Devices Even if You Aren’t
For more information, visit the following websites:
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- Clear Light Ventures
- Dr. Madga Havas
- Dr. Sam Milham
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- In Power Movement
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- Take Back Your Power
- We Are The Evidence