Leak Shows Clinton Supporting Wall Street, Open Borders, And Hemispheric Union
In a message dated January 25th, 2016, under the subject line “HRC Paid Speeches,” Podesta received a report related to the former Secretary of State’s paid Wall Street speeches. Senator Bernie Sanders had been calling on Clinton to release transcripts of the speeches to reveal what she told Wall Street bankers, who paid her $225,000 per speech behind closed doors.
Clinton refused to do so during the primary campaign, which is not surprising when you see what the Clinton campaign discovered upon reviewing the transcripts themselves:
- Hillary Clinton: “I’m kind of far removed” from the struggles of the middle class, “because the life I’ve lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy.” [Hillary Clinton remarks at Goldman-Black Rock, 2/4/14]
- Clinton: “But if everybody’s watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position.” [Clinton speech for National Multi-Housing Council, 4/24/13]
- Clinton said that the blame placed on the United States banking system for the crisis “could have been avoided in terms of both misunderstanding and really politicizing what happened.” [Goldman Sachs AIMS Alternative Investments Symposium, 10/24/13]
- Clinton said financial reform “really has to come from the industry itself.” [Clinton remarks to Deutsche Bank, 10/7/14]
- Speaking about the importance of proper regulation, Clinton said, “The people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry.” [Goldman Sachs AIMS Alternative Investments Symposium, 10/24/13]
- Clinton: as senator, “I represented and worked with” so many on Wall Street and “did all I could to make sure they continued to prosper” [Hillary Clinton’s remarks at Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd in San Diego, 9/04/14]
- Clinton supports cuts to Social Security: “Simpson-Bowles… put forth the right framework. Namely, we have to restrain spending, we have to have adequate revenues, and we have to incentivize growth. It’s a three-part formula… and they reached an agreement. But what is very hard to do is to then take that agreement if you don’t believe that you’re going to be able to move the other side.” [Clinton speech for Morgan Stanley, 4/18/13]
While it’s not exactly news that Hillary Clinton had a Wall Street world view, one revelation from Clinton’s speeches is especially surprising.
In a speech given to a group of Brazilian bankers on May 16th, 2013, Hillary Clinton claimed, “My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.”
This is a truly stunning admission and completely undermines Clinton’s claims about her opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), at least where sovereignty is concerned.
The long speculated-about North American Union, the next step after NAFTA towards completely integrating the continent, appears to be on former Secretary Clinton’s mind. Given this is her self-described “dream,” it is hard to imagine she would not push for it (privately) if elected president.
That dream is many Americans’ nightmare. Not only would there likely be further job losses, but the people of the United States of America would have even less democratic control than they have now. More power would flow to transnational elites who would not even be bound by the pretext of helping the average American.
If you think the 99% have too much power, Clinton’s dream is for you.
The article, "Leak Shows Clinton Supporting Wall Street, Open Borders, And Hemispheric Union", was syndicated from and first appeared at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/blacklistednews/hKxa/~3/IFo_sCPjDig/M.html.
You may find more great articles by Guest Post on http://www.blacklistednews.com/.