Despite FCC Rules Preempting Local Control Over Cell Towers, U.S. Communities Still Fighting Installation and Sometimes Winning
By B.N. Frank
Big Tech has been warning shareholders that they may eventually be held liable for harm from their products and infrastructure. Insurance companies haven’t been stupid or crazy enough to cover them for many years now. Regardless, The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) wants to psyche us all out as do all the elected officials saying that there is nothing Americans can do to stop the installation of 4G and 5G small cell tower infrastructure wherever they want to put it. They say that this is for our own good.
Stupid and crazy, right? Yet they want Americans to settle for this – even though we shouldn’t. This horrible legislation that they have passed violates our right to free speech and puts us all in harm’s way.
Regardless, Americans are still fighting against this and winning. Cases in point:
- Protest Gets Cell Tower Near Playground Removed in New York
- Victory Against Verizon by Angry Residents Who Don’t Want Small Cell Towers In Their Community
While campaigning for president, Donald Trump promised to give the country back to the people not give the country to Big Tech. So what the hell is this about?
- Attorney General Nominee Is Former Telecom Attorney. Current FCC Chair Is Former Telecom Attorney Too.
Trump also promised to “Make America Great Again.” Forcing the installation of harmful technology everywhere is the Anti-Great.
Americans deserve better. Unfortunately we’re going to have to fight really hard for it.
For more information, contact the following organizations.
- Wireless Information Network
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Ecological Options Network
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- In Power Movement
- Last Tree Laws
- My Street, My Choice
- Our Town Our Choice
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence
Image credit: Pixabay
The article, "Despite FCC Rules Preempting Local Control Over Cell Towers, U.S. Communities Still Fighting Installation and Sometimes Winning", was syndicated from and first appeared at: https://www.activistpost.com/2019/01/despite-fcc-rules-preempting-local-control-over-cell-towers-u-s-communities-still-fighting-installation-and-sometimes-winning.html.
You may find more great articles by Activist Post on http://www.activistpost.com/.